Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pharmacy Dispensing Fee Update

The last time I saw a survey on Pharmacy Dispensing Fees in BC was in June 2009, I posted about it here.
Since it has been nearly 3 years since that data was collected I decided to make a few phone calls to local pharmacies in Victoria BC. I have compiled the current dispensing fees in the table below

The blank spaces are pharmacies which are not present in Victoria BC, so I did not call them. Keep in mind that these numbers are from a single location of each company. The location closest to you may very well charge a different rate.

One neat "secret" I discovered is that you do not need to be a member of Costco to use their pharmacy. Drug costs are also often tied closely to the dispensing fees charged. So it is a safe bet the same drug will cost less at Costco, than at other pharmacies.

Your mileage may vary.
Robert Reynolds, GBA
Certified Group Benefits Advisor
Hendry McKenzie Reynolds Employee Benefits Ltd.

Toll Free: 1-888-592-4614

E.O. E.

No comments:

Post a Comment