Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Big Brother

So my dad, Rick, got the following email from Standard Life today...



Hi Rick,
I've just been in touch with your assistant Kate. There has been some positive conversations here at Standard Life as a result of something your son wrote in his blog. I would very much like to discuss this with you when you are able. I would also like to introduce myself to you as one of your primary contacts at Standard Life.
My phone number is: XXX-XXX-XXXX


Best regards,
Tim Madokoro
At first I was worried I might have said something Standard Life considered libelous, and that I was going to be sued by their pack of hungry lawyers, then I re-read the email and found the words "positive conversation" and I felt a little better, but confused. 

Apparently, Standard Life uses Google to tracks every time the words "Standard Life" appears on the internet. This was in regards to my post on Transamerica seg funds, which was just a quick post I made on my iPhone while waiting in the ferry lineup. I had a nice chat with Tim, who basically just said thanks for the recommendation and that I have been "noticed" by head office. A tiny blog post about a competators product, with a one line recommendation which had another competator listed first gets me noticed. I can only imagine what this post will generate as I have mentioned Standard Life, like a dozen times.

I'm not sure if this is awesome, or a little bit creepy. I'm being watched. Rest assured dear loyal readership of....um... Mom...? That I shall remain impartial and unbiased, unless I magically qualify for that upcoming convention in Prague. /sarcasm

Standard Life is a good company, it's nice to see they do take notice of what the advisors on the ground think and say. Most insurance companies are deaf and dumb when it comes to listening to their sales teams' advice. Now if only they would add the inception date and maturity guarantee dates to their investment statements. *waves* Hi Tim, Standard Life Head Office and Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment